I am starting the process of homing in on what exactly I
want to offer people in my health coach practice. In preparation for that I
have purchased not one, but two shiny URLs. They are getyourshittogether.com
and lowcarbspectrum.com.
![]() |
| Here is a llama that I met on my walk today. |
The first, because, awesome. And because health coaching
should naturally lead to life coaching – to get ALL your shit together. The
second is more for folks who want some specific coaching on how to do various
levels of low carb for health reasons. A way less fun title, so maybe I will
eventually find a third iteration.
Why would health coaching naturally lead to life coaching
you ask? Well, let me tell you. My goal with each of my clients is to help them
find a place of ease with their food and activity levels. No one wants to count
grams of macronutrients or calories until they die. I seek for myself and
clients the creation of a relationship with food that is pretty low
maintenance. You can learn how to do it, and then just do it. And then what
will you do with all that time you used to spend eating and worrying about
eating?
Though, there is a chicken-egg thing here too. Because many
people have some shit they need to get together before they can even approach
the idea of healthy eating nirvana. Anyone trying to lose weight now has lost
weight before with every method under the sun. That leaves a mark. I think
there is a big need for some folks to spend time in rehab from the impacts of
previous diets.
I don't think any 'diet' will succeed if it doesn't address the biological AND the psychological. And health improvement always happens in the context of life in all it's messy chaos.
![]() |
| Here is an unverified Benjamin Franklin quote. |
I am likely to circle around to questioning my 'authority' to provide diet advice, and my 'qualification' to do this kind of work. But I really think that having a knowledgeable cheerleader in your corner helps with almost any endeavor.
Am I setting out to be a diet doula? Perhaps...
In the spirit of perfect being the enemy of the good, I am
going to leave it at that for this week.


No comments:
Post a Comment