Thursday, April 27, 2017

Give yourself credit, and cut yourself slack

This is Lyra in a grocery sack, obviously
April 27 – post 5! 

What a week!

A lot going on that isn’t health coach training related (when the co-parent travels, the other parent loses sleep…no exceptions). It is a reminder to myself that if I am not going to have the outside structure of an entire coach training program that I need to institute some structure myself – get a plan and make things go.

Is that what I said last week? I mean it this time.

My health coach musings of the week:

I have been working on what might become a small book – a manifesto of sorts, or perhaps it will be the guts of a website about my coaching services. The working title is ‘A Unified Theory of Fatness’. Because the thing is, I have read a LOT about weight loss and health around weight issues. And I have studied feminism and definitely subscribe to the notion that Fat is a feminist issue. So, to be embarking on a career that is potentially centered around helping people try to lose weight (likely many women) – it is potentially problematic. Right?

There is also evidence that calorie restriction as a way to lose weight is actually bad for your metabolism. And I definitely think it is potentially harmful to your psyche as well.

My solution for a metabolically sound way to lose weight and improve all the health markers is a low carb diet (high fat too, but we don’t have to get into that yet – I know it’s scary to eat fat!). And, I will also place the emotional context of diet (food one eats), history of dieting (controlling the food one eats for a variety of reasons), and body image and all the baggage that our culture gives us about all of those things.

Anyway… Honestly this post feels distracted and scattered and I am just proud that I am putting words together in more or less sentences after the (not) sleep I have had lately! There’s another good health coach lesson – learn how to give yourself credit and cut yourself slack.


Peace out, everyone, and be excellent to each other!



And this is what you get to have for lunch
if you skip bread and potatoes. Bacon wrapped avocado.
Delish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post time! It’s always something, right? If I’m not in Italy, I’m catching up from all the stuff I didn’t do while I was in...