I have solved for success!
You guys – I have totally figured out everything. I know how
to be the best most successful version of myself and look good doing it!
OK, perhaps I am overstating, but I am feeling remarkably
clear about what I want and how to get there. It is a new and wonderful
feeling.
How did I get this amazing clarity you ask?
Well…actually…
I don’t know entirely. But I think it has something to do
with bacon and hollandaise sauce.
Seriously, I think my food choices are part of it. My brain
is very happy without carbs (though there is a small voice in that brain that
is still wailing for bread with my butter). Where before I would face each
school day with a list and a big dose of overwhelm, now I tend to be more directed
with my time. And even when I don’t ‘get anything done’, I am feeling less
anxious about the whole thing. And I 100% think that this is because I am
feeding and exercising my body better.
I also recently started a program to become a health coach.
For the first time in a long long time, I can see a path forward career wise
that really draws from my life and professional experience to date. And, most
importantly – a path that I want to follow and can see many inviting
opportunities along the way.
One of those opportunities is writing. I know I have always
had the option to write. I know words and I have a computer (and paper and
pens). But this focus – of helping people figure out how to take care of their
bodies and their lives – is very freeing. No more ‘but what do I write about?’
My step one down this newly recharged interest in writing is
a commitment to write about my process over the next 6 months of health coach
training. I am adding an appointment to my calendar to write a post for this
blog once a week for the next 6 months. Come hell or high water, I will post
once a week. (I do hope I am not inviting figurative high water by making that
statement).
I don’t think I have ever made a commitment like this to
myself around writing. I think I’ve said ‘I will try’ or ‘I really should’, but
I think there is power in the declarative: I will write. One post. On Thursday.
I am also publishing this very commitment! Wow, I’m getting ballsy in my old
age (or is it ovary-ish?)
I hope you enjoy, and please feel free to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment