It is an ambitious afternoon on the domestic goddess front. The plan: clean the kitchen, then mess it up again really good -- from scratch chicken, mushroom wild rice soup (including the stock which I must get started lickety split) AND a new cake recipe that is auditioning for the role of wedding cake flavor.
The cake is an old fashioned red velvet cake that I found here:
http://www.gilttaste.com/stories/2292-the-original-red-wine-velvet-cake-recipe
Ever since I found it I have been reading and re-reading the recipe -- can you have a crush on a recipe? Because I think I do.
I shall omit the white chocolate shavings as I do not care for such things, but I will let you know how the rest of it goes.
Just another mommy-blog? Or something bigger? Time will tell. Currently focused on the journey from stay at home mom with a geek-ish interest in health and nutrition to a health coach, ready to change the world one client at a time!
Friday, June 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog post time! It’s always something, right? If I’m not in Italy, I’m catching up from all the stuff I didn’t do while I was in...
-
The guts of a good meal A lot of my basic, go to recipes are variations on something my mom used to make. Classic comfort food. This ...
-
Blog post time! It’s always something, right? If I’m not in Italy, I’m catching up from all the stuff I didn’t do while I was in...
No comments:
Post a Comment